Dating is an important part of life. But not everyone has what it takes to go up to someone else in person and ask them out on a date. This is why everyone now uses an on-line dating site and other mobile apps to chat with someone first, then talk on the phone and finally go out on a date.
This makes it possible to get to know the other person a little bit first, before catching up with them one on one. You get a chance to see their photos, read their self-description and ask them questions about what they like and don’t like. This makes you a lot more confident when you actually meet that person in real life.
Posting a Photo on an on-line dating site
You don’t need to post a lot of photos of yourself on an on-line dating site. Even just one great photo is fine. But make sure that it’s a good one.
- Smile: Most people swipe right on photos where the other person is smiling.
- Make an Effort: It helps if the photo is well-lit and you look well-groomed and well-dressed.
- Gym Photos: Guys, please stay away from photos in the gym. Women can tell when you have a good body even if you’re wearing a shirt.
- Car/Bike Photos: Guys, stay away from photos of your car or bike. Most women don’t care for bikes. And do you really want a woman who likes you for your car?
- Adventure Photos: Just remember that no one looks great when they’re scuba-diving or parasailing. So you can leave those photos out.
- Photos with Pets: These can be supercute. Plus, they show an affectionate side of you that will attract the other person.
- Older/Thinner Photos: Many people post old photos of themselves from when they were younger or thinner. This might get the other person interested for now but they’re obviously going to lose interest once they meet you. So don’t do it.
Writing a Description for an on-line dating site
Many times, people just post a couple of photos of themselves on an on-line dating site but don’t write anything. Or they might just write a line or two. But remember that the other person wants to know what kind of person you are before they swipe right on you. In fact, if you don’t photograph well, then this is your chance to impress that person with your charm and wit.
- Interests: Tell them what kinds of books you like to read and what kind of movies you love.
- Passions: What’s your passion? What do you want to do in life?
- Relationships: What are you looking for in a partner? What are you willing to bring to the equation?
- Be Yourself: Make sure to consider the type of person that you’re looking for in your photos and your write up. Try to appeal to that person but be yourself at the same time.
- Don’t Lie: It’s really not a good idea to make things up in order to sound smarter or funnier than you really are.